I threw a fun Fiesta themed baby shower for my cousin this weekend. One of my favorite recipes on the taco bar was this creamy jalapeno dip that tastes SO similar to the one served at Chuy’s Tex-Mex restaurant. I have been searching for a good knockoff of this recipe and finally found one that tastes nearly exactly like it! I have altered the recipe just a bit to make it my own, but it was originally emailed to me by my sister, who is a Chuys-aholic. She is a connoisseur of this creamy jalapeno dip, and if it passes her taste test then I call it a hit.
Since I made a double batch, I poured some into a mason jar over by the chips and salsa along with the big pitcher of it on the serving bar. Everyone LOVED this dip. It was so, so great.
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix
- 16 oz sour cream
- ¼ cup roasted green chilies — canned is fine
- ¼ cup sliced jalapenos — fresh, canned or jarred
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic (I used two cloves)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice — or, to taste
- ¼ to ½ cup milk or half and half to thin it down
- Pulse all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Chill and serve cold. Makes about 2.5 cups.
Today I ate it on a taco salad from the leftovers, and it has only gotten better since Saturday. It got a little bit spicier, also, but it’s very bearable. I don’t like super spicy food, but this recipe is perfect, so don’t be too scared!