Last week my son went to Art Camp. You wouldn’t normally expect there to be any food or stress involved in attending an art camp, but in this case, you would be mistaken. I found out at approximately 7:45 pm on the evening before the last class that Garrett had to take snacks for a party and “graduation ceremony” the next day.
Cue the panic mode when I looked around my kitchen and saw no snacks magically appearing out of thin air. And I sure wasn’t gonna drive to the store that late at night when my bra and makeup had already come off.
So, I started digging through my pantry and found a box of white cake mix and a bag of chocolate chips. Ok, I could work with this. I quickly Googled these two ingredients and found Heloise’s Cake Mix Cookie recipe that was literally just 3 ingredients.
Here is what I pulled off in just a few minutes with even less ingredients:
Ohmahgaaaahhhh these are so good!
Best chocolate chip cookies I’ve had in a long time! If you’re in a pinch and don’t have time to go to the store, keep a box of white (or yellow) (or any flavor really) cake mix on hand so that you can make these super fast!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies (using cake mix)
- 1 box cake mix white or yellow
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips together with a stand or hand mixer.
- Once the dough is formed, stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until the edges are a golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
These cookies are SO easy and SO good. The kids loved them and so did I. 🙂
Let me know if you give them a try!